In !854 Heinrich Füllner established a repair shop for paper-making machines at Cieplice Slaskie (Bad Warmbrunn). Ten years later, Füllner constructed the first complete paper-making machine. As time went by, his machines gained renown in Silesia and other regions of Germany, of which Silesia was then a part. At the turn of the 19th and 20th centuries, thanks to awards it gained at international fairs, the plant, managed by Eugen Füllner, already had customers in a majority of European countries, as well as in both the Americas and in Asia. During WW II, the paper-making machine plant used the labour of POWs of various nationalities (including Poles, Russians and Ukrainians). There were cases of the prisoners being executed by firing squad or by hanging. In 1945, all the machinery from the plant at Cieplice was seized by the Soviet Army. After the empty plant was taken over by the Polish authorities, technical documentation for the construction of paper-making machines was found. A decision was made to rebuild the plant, as the extent of war-time damage to paper mills in the country was very significant. The construction of the first paper-making machine at the plant, renamed 'Fampa', began in 1950, and over the subsequent years the plant became a major supplier of equipment for the paper industry in Poland and other Comecon (CMEA) countries. In 1964, Fampa bought a licence from the American-British company Walmsleys-Beloit for the production of the most modern paper-making machines of that time; machines produced under the licence were later installed in paper mills at Kostrzyn, Swiecie, Myszków and Kwidzyn and in many paper mills in the countries of the Communist bloc. In 1991 most of the firm's stock was bought by the American firm Beloit; since 2000 the plant has been owned by the Polish-American company PMPoland S.A. The firm has branches and agencies in Poland, USA., China, Germany and the Czech Republic. It specializes in the delivery and modernization of paper-making machines and other kinds of equipment for the paper industry.