The Conferences of Academic Schools' Rectors developed from the meetings of representatives of those schools aimed at elaboration of the charter of the Polish Academic Schools that was established in 1920. It provided for congresses of representatives of the academic schools having advisory competences, convened by the Ministry of Religions and Public Education. In 1923, the Conference of Rectors, being statutory representatives of schools, was summoned by Rector of the Warsaw University and not by the Ministry and it slowly became a habit that rectors of Warsaw Colleges as the Conference Contact Committee represent it outside. In 1926 the rectors decided that the conferences should be organized every year by the colleges and universities and not by the Ministry. In 1928 the provisional charter of the Conferences was established. The Conferences demanded changes in the charter of academic schools and more prerogatives for academic self-govenment, for example in the field of financial matters. Alas, a new Academic School's Act (1933) put a stop to the Conferences as the self-governed representations of the academic schools and established the Rectors' Congresses instead, which were totally depended from the Ministry and had only advisory functions.