In 'Slownik pleonazmów i tautologii' (Dictionary of Tautologies and Subordinate Connections), prepared bythe author, there are 307 subordinate connections (77.3%) and 90 coordinate ones (22.7%). Tautology is understood as a coordinate connection of semantically identical elements. The text describes tautologies containing one extraneous component. Examples are extracted both from written and spoken sources of Polish. Tautologies including an extraneous element make 42 connections (of 90), i.e. 46.7%. The remaining 48 connections (53.3%) are structures where both elements are indigenous. The type of tautology under discussion falls into 3 groups: 1. tautologies whose first element is extraneous - 24 (57.1%); 2. tautologies whose second element is extraneous - 16 (38.1%); 3. tautologies whose both elements are extraneous - 2 (4.8%). The prevailing prepositional word order of the extraneous component is determined both semantically (postpositional indigenous element is an explication of extraneous one) and formally, which is based on the Behaghel's law, which says that in word connections including coordinate elements, the shorter element comes first, followed by the longer one.
Financed by the National Centre for Research and Development under grant No. SP/I/1/77065/10 by the strategic scientific research and experimental development program:
SYNAT - “Interdisciplinary System for Interactive Scientific and Scientific-Technical Information”.