Anastomotic aneurysms occurs at various levels of arterial system. Determining their location and incidence rate required investigation of large patient clinical material. Material and methods. In the years 1989-2010 in local centre 230 anastomotic aneurysms were operated in 180 patients. Results. For 187 (81.3%) patients anastomotic aneurysms were localised in the groin, while for remaining 43 (18.7%) they occurred in other localisations. In aortic arch branch they occurred four times (1.7), in descending aorta - three times (1.3%), in abdominal aorta - 14 (6.1%) and in iliac arteries - 6 (2.6%). While for anastomosis with popliteal artery they were diagnosed in 16 (7%) patients. Own clinical material was compared with literature data. Conclusions. Anastomotic aneurysms in over 80% of cases occur in the groin, remaining percentage corresponds to other localisations.
Financed by the National Centre for Research and Development under grant No. SP/I/1/77065/10 by the strategic scientific research and experimental development program:
SYNAT - “Interdisciplinary System for Interactive Scientific and Scientific-Technical Information”.